Friday, March 18, 2011

The introduction of Mahoushoujo_madoka_magica


The introduction of Mahoushoujo_madoka_magica



Before I introduce the work, I'd like to talk about why I choose it as the topic of my blog.
I've developed the habit of watching animations since I was young, so I have mechanical impression on Japanese animations.



" Mahoushoujo" , 魔法少女 in Japanese, is a category of the topic of the animation. The story line is usually about the girls who can use magic to help people nearby.
In other words, it's a story full of loves & hopes and something like that.



But this masterpiece I am introducing is completely outside the box, or, beyond my imagination.



Most of the time what you feel is a hopeless feeling. You will find the story is too realistic which only makes you upset because of the those characters fates.



It doesn't mean that this would be(the animation is going on now) story with a bad ending, however. You still can feel hopeful or loved when enjoy in some plots, but "hopeful" doesn't equal "successful". I think the scriptwriter wants viewers to experience hopefulness through characters' behaviors, remarks or even their emotions, however, instead of their fates.
That's why I am immersed in the animation. It's the best masterpiece I've ever watched.



Here is the official website of the work: http://www.madoka-magica.com/

3 comments:

  1. When I first opened this page I thought you wrote about a movie called Princess Mononoke, directed by Hayao Miyazaki. It is one of my favorite Japaness animations. But it turned out that I was wrong. Ha, ha!

    I also like animations such as Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This anima is really the best and the most popular anima in the Japan’s spring telecasting list. It is very unfortunately that it has to stop temporarily because of earthquake. By the way, my favorite character in this anima is Homura(曉美焰) XD, especially after the tenth volume . (even though is seems a little like the寒蟬 , but it still has a great technique of expression)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Alvin Hwang:

    I watched those animations you mentioned of, unfortunately, except for your favorite one. I’d like to take time to watch after medium exams.

    To lazytree:

    Good news. The official website has issued the news of rebroadcasting on 4/21 at 26:40(actually, on 4/22 at 2:40a.m) for last two episodes at a time.

    Let’s wait for the ending of the story.

    ReplyDelete